Call 713-359-4900 for information about our services.
Bayshore Medical Center has comprehensive services providing the latest technology to assist in your diagnosis and treatment plan.
- An expertly trained staff accredited by the American College of Radiology
- A complete range of medical diagnostic services:
- Computed Radiography (CR) combining high-resolution monitors with flexible image archiving
- Comprehensive imaging and diagnostic services including 64-slice cardiac CAT scan and 4D ultrasound
- State-of-the-art Picture Archive and Communicating System (PACS), which enables faster turn-around times by creating computerized images patients can give to their doctors
- Convenient hours: open Monday- Friday until 7PM
- Extensive range of Outpatient Services
- Mammography and bone density (ACR accredited)
- 4D Ultrasound – Routine and Invasive procedures
- Radiation therapy, including linear acceleration with IMRT, brachytherapy, HDR
- Nuclear medicine with cardiac stress testing available
CT scans, X-Rays, and Ultrasounds are also offered in a non hospital setting at our Baywood Imaging Center to foster turn-around times.
Baywood Imaging Center
6002 Fairmont Parkway
Pasadena, Texas 77505
An X-ray is produced when a small amount of radiation passes through the body and is captured on film, video or computer. Board-certified radiologists provide supervision and guidance for the diagnostic and fluoroscopic procedures performed by nationally registered technologists.
Computed Tomography (CT) Scans are used when physicians suspect patients have medical problems not easily detected from a physical exam. This technology allows physicians to capture an image from many different angles as the X-ray source rotates around the patients.
Our addition of a 64-slice CT imaging system creates 64 high-resolution images as thin as a credit card in a single rotation. After combining the images to form a three-dimensional view of a patient's body, radiologists can evaluate the results and diagnose illnesses in a variety of areas like the spine, head, abdomen and chest. Our 64-slice CT can capture images head-to-toe in less than a minute allowing for quicker, more accurate scanning and faster patient CT exams.
In addition, we now offer cardiac CT, which is a painless exam using an x-ray source to take detailed images of the heart and vessels to aid physicians in making a medical diagnosis before patients are symptomatic.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
The highest quality MRI diagnostic information available is provided by our 1.5 Tesla magnet. This procedure uses a magnet linked to a computer to create detailed pictures of areas inside the body. Our advanced registered technologists specialize in MR imaging and are committed to making you very satisfied with your experience.
From the neonate through the oldest patients, our sonographers provide diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist your physician in keeping you healthy or returning you to health. Ultrasound is a test that bounces sound waves off tissue and organs and translates the sound waves into sonograms (pictures) rather than using radiation (X-ray technology).
Nuclear medicine allows us to record radiation in organs, bones and tissues from the inside out. Radiopharmaceuticals are injected, swallowed or inhaled by a patient and the internal emissions are recorded on a computer screen or film. Among the services provided in this department are nuclear cardiology and PET scan.
One in eight American women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. Comprehensive routine and diagnostic services are available to women of all ages in a setting that is warm and supportive. Our services include mammography, breast ultrasound and bone density testing.
Bone Densitometry, the test for evaluation of osteoporosis, has become the gold standard for measuring the density of bones.
Wait times are an average and provided for informational purposes only. What does this mean?