The Behavioral Health program at the Bayshore Medical Center is designed for individuals with symptoms or behaviors that interfere with social, vocational, or educational functioning.
Our inpatient mental-health clinic protocol allows around-the-clock treatment. Therapy takes place in a safe, caring, and highly-qualified environment.
Patients are cared for by a multidisciplinary team of physicians, board-certified psychiatrists, registered nurses, licensed therapists, counselors, and social workers.
Indicators for inpatient care include:
- Thoughts of wanting to harm self or others.
- Seeing or hearing things others do not.
- Agitated or aggressive behavior.
- Need for adjustment of psychotropic medications requiring clinical observation.
- Medical conditions affected by psychiatric symptoms.
- Outpatient therapy that has not been successful.
Referring a loved one to the Behavioral Health program at the Bayshore Medical Center begins with a phone call. A team member will request the patient’s basic information, and issues of concern, while maintaining patient confidentiality, and arrange an assessment to determine the most appropriate level of care.
We are available 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week. For more information, please call (713) 359-4228.