Bayshore Medical Center has an exceptional group of volunteers who are actively involved in supporting the hospital services provided to patients. Our volunteer program provides an opportunity to serve, grow, learn, make new friends, and exchange ideas. Volunteers share their unique talents and skills in many areas of the hospital.
How Do I Become A Volunteer?
It's easy, and rewarding. Complete an application, and either mail or fax it to the hospital, or return the completed form to the information desk. You can obtain an application one of two ways:
- At the Information Desk located in the hospital lobby
- At the Volunteer’s Gift Shop located on the first floor
Simply fill out the volunteer application and authorization for a background check and call to set up an appointment with us. We ask that volunteers be at least 18 years old and commit to at least 4 hours a week.
If you have questions, you may contact Cathy Leimbach, Volunteer President at (713) 359-5100. The completed form may be returned in person to our information desk, or faxed to the volunteer office at (713) 359-1958.
What are the Benefits?
- Meeting new people
- Contributing to your community
- Making a difference in the lives of others
- Bringing joy to our patients and visitors
- Free meal per four-hour shift
- Annual Volunteer Christmas Celebration
- Annual Volunteer Awards and Recognition Gala
- Invitation to hospital sponsored events
- Free flu shots and annual TB testing
- A 20% discount in the gift shop
Where Do Volunteers Work?
- Day Surgery Receptionist
- Emergency Room
- Floor Host
- Gift Shop
- Information Desk- Main Lobby
- Surgery Waiting Room
Volunteer Program Requirements
- Complete an application
- Show a valid photo ID
- Complete a phone interview
- Have a TB skin test
- Pass a background check
- Attend a new employee orientation
- Review the Volunteer Handbook
- Take a tour of the hospital
- Wear a uniform during your shift