According to the American Heart Association, more than five million Americans are affected by heart failure, and an additional 500,000 are diagnosed with heart failure each year.
The term “congestive heart failure” means weakened heart muscle is causing fluid retention in the arms, legs, feet, lungs, or other organs, affecting mobility and breathing. It’s a chronic, progressive condition, but an effective management program has been shown to reduce hospitalizations and increase quality of life.
The Heart Failure Management Program at the Bayshore Medical Center is a comprehensive, outpatient program with several benefits, including:
- Overseen by a Physician Assistant with specialized training in cardiology
- Personalized treatment plans
- Medication management and training
- Dietary and lifestyle counseling
- Continuous communication with your healthcare team
- Educational support via monthly seminars
Heart Failure Support Group
When: First Wednesday of each month at 2:30 pm.
Where: Bayshore Medical Center
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Classroom, lower level
4000 Spencer Highway
Pasadena, TX 77504
For more information, about the Heart Failure Management Program or the Heart Failure Support Group at the Bayshore Medical Center, please call (713) 359-4445.